- Import and edit documents
- Convert documents into PDF and HTML
- Manage versions & change log
- Browse documents using tables of content
- Allow multiple users to work on the same document, notify users of changes
- Framework: .Net Core MVC, Entity Framework
- Database: Microsoft/Azure SQL Server
- File storage: Azure Blob Storage
- Cloud service: Azure
- Tools & Library: Aspose
- Team size: 7 people
- Development Time: 5 months
The client’s existing document management system was built on a monolithic architecture. The app was centralized and deployed on-prem. For this project, they wanted the system to be moved to the cloud and operate on a multi-tenant SaaS system. This could help them serve more customers, lower costs and scale more quickly.
The project was on a tight schedule. We spent the first two months defining the code structure, clarifying the client’s requirements, and designing the wireframes for each use case. And we got to have all the requirements ready before our team started coding as the project follows the waterfall model.
In addition, our team for the project was new to Azure and Cloud Computing, so we got a lot of things to learn.
We had to balance the time and resources to meet the project deadlines. We must pay attention to non-functional aspects (performance, security, server load, etc.) to ensure a smooth user experience. Our team also maintained active communication and gained more knowledge on Cloud Computing.
The product passed all client requirements and was released to sell to end users. It is being sold to regional banks, credit unions, insurance, manufacturing, and medical care. The app serves to manage business documents, including manufacturing manuals, quality manuals, sales manuals, etc.
Looking for a Enterprise application expert?
1. GEM Corporation is an IT Outsourcing company experienced in developing enterprise applications. We have worked on developing enterprise projects for various corporations across industries.
2. Our domain expertise includes Finance, Banking, Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retails, Logistics, etc
3. We have more than 8 years of experience. Our offices are based in Hanoi, Vietnam, and Tokyo, Japan.
4. We have successfully built more than 100 successful projects for our clients in the US, UK, Europe, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and many more.
5. Let us know how we can help you build your banking solution. Contact us now and get a quote for your project.